Thursday, 14 May 2015

AscensionEarth2012 -- 14:05:2015

Ascension Earth 2012


  • What is the Genetic Evidence for Evolution?
  • What Will Money Look Like 500 Years in the Future? Ask Albert Einstein.
  • A Crash Course in Human Vision
  • 12 Signs Your Dog Is Basically Your Furry Child
  • The True Science of Parallel Universes
  • How Big Is Our Sun Anyway?
  • Are there only 2 authentic Bigfoot videos ever taken? The Georgia Police Dash Cam Bigfoot Video
  • Dying With Dignity
  • Rats try to rescue others in distress, suggesting they feel empathy
  • New Horizons Spacecraft Captures Image of Pluto & Tiny Moons
  • Archaeologists Believe they have Found the Ruins of a Legendary Monastery
Posted: 13 May 2015 08:47 PM PDT





Posted: 13 May 2015 08:34 PM PDT





Posted: 13 May 2015 08:32 PM PDT





Posted: 13 May 2015 08:30 PM PDT






thedodo.com

1. Snack time is no longer a solo activity ...




2. ... And you always have a little reminder of when it's dinner time.




3. You always have a bed buddy — whether there's room for one or not.




4. The word "messy" is now taken to a whole new level in your household.




5. You have more pictures of your pup than you do of people.




6. Your house is full of toys that do not belong to you.




7. You never need to set an alarm — you'll definitely be woken up in the mornings.




8. You no longer have sole ownership of your possessions ...




9. ... Or your food.




10. You take more pride in their accomplishments than you do your own.




11. You'd do anything to keep them from getting scared.




12. And the most telling sign? Your pup is always the most surefire way to brighten your day.





Posted: 13 May 2015 08:04 PM PDT




Click to zoom
Posted: 13 May 2015 08:02 PM PDT




Click to zoom
Posted: 13 May 2015 07:57 PM PDT




Other than the classic Patterson/Gimlin Bigfoot footage captured way back in 1967 on the outskirts of Bluff Creek, California, the following video may be the only other footage ever captured that is authentic, not a hoax, and not a case of mistaken identity.
Greg

Click to zoom
Posted: 13 May 2015 03:09 PM PDT

 



Excerpt from huffingtonpost.com
By Debbie Fink
Co-authored by Karen Bloch Morse

There is nothing easy or natural about watching your 41-year-old friend (of 41 years) -- who, by all counts, looks healthy -- wither away and die from lack of nutrients. Human instinct is to beg her to please eat, please drink. To remind her of all she has to live for. But that would not have been fair in this case. Debbie Fink Green, my oldest friend in the world, was, in fact, dying, and she was, in fact, out of options. To deny her support for this most unfathomable of decisions would have been nothing short of selfish.

Debbie's fight against appendiceal cancer began in August of 2011, six days shy of her 38th birthday and three months after she got married. Debbie publicly chronicled her treacherous journey in detail on a Caringbridge site and later in a series of blog entries here on The Huffington Post, both of which were read by thousands of friends and complete strangers alike.

Debbie's journey came to an end on April 1, 2015, but not before we discussed some of her final thoughts (below). She was exhausted and on some heavy meds, but we agreed that both her dedicated community, and her story, deserved an ending. It is certainly not the one for which any of us had hoped. 

One of the most disconcerting aspects of the last 3.5 years was the incongruity between Debbie's exterior and interior. Even through chemo and multiple surgeries, she somehow managed to maintain a healthy, strong exterior, a shockingly normal schedule, and a full head of hair. She organized Mah Jongg games (which she had learned during one of her hospital stays), and went to pilates regularly. Debbie had celebrated her stepdaughter's bat mitzvah in late February and looked better than ever. But, as she often said, her outsides did not match her insides. 

---
As a result of my last surgery, I had recently been dealing with a bowel obstruction caused by scar tissue, making it nearly impossible for me to eat or drink without severe pain and vomiting. Despite my discomfort, on March 7, I surprised Dave with a night at a local resort, determined to celebrate his birthday in style. We had a wonderful day in the sun, followed by indulgent spa treatments, and then an unfortunate evening of me violently throwing up. The next day, I found myself back at USC Hospital on IV fluid and TPN (total parenteral nutrition), e.g., a feeding tube.
My team at MD Anderson had had enough. They decided to perform an exploratory surgery, which could potentially help remove the blockage and allow me to eat and drink normally once again. I remained on TPN for 10 days until surgery, an experience I did not want to prolong or repeat.

Prior to the surgery, my surgical oncologist, Dave and I discussed the procedure, and I again reiterated my position about not living the rest of my life on TPN. But it was all theoretical at that point. I still hoped for the best and couldn't imagine anything but a positive outcome.

Upon being opened up in Houston on March 19, however, the doctors found new tumors, which not only prevented them from reaching the blockage, but also meant the disease had returned with a vengeance -- now on my new bladder, my bowel, and all over my abdominal wall. Beyond the return of the cancer, most devastating was the fact that the bowel obstruction could not be removed.

The doctor, Dave, and I reconvened later in the day while I was still woozy from the anesthesia. I was again given an option to remain on TPN indefinitely, which the doctor felt would only buy me a few months. ("Maybe the summer?" he suggested.)

He told us chemo was not deemed an option, as the tumors did not appear on my most recent scans and couldn't accurately be tracked. TPN was the only option, and now that I was facing the reality of it, I was forced to rethink everything. I knew the TPN (which would be administered via IV for many hours overnight), was not for me. Outside of the potential complications from living on TPN, food is too integral to my happiness and well-being, and I am not willing to sacrifice any more quality of life: Imagine not being able to put a morsel of food into your mouth -- for the rest of your life.
Which leads me back to where I am today. Over the past 3.5 years, after 25 hours of surgery and 16 rounds of chemo, cancer has taken my ability to have a baby, my sex life, 14 of my organs, and now my ability to eat and drink. This is my breaking point.

Following my failed surgery last week in Houston, I was faced with an impossible, unimaginable decision. I chose, once and for all, to take control of something that's been controlling every aspect of my life for the past 3.5 years. I exercised my right to refuse TPN and withhold all food and liquid (not that I could digest it anyway). I chose the path that I feel will allow me to die with dignity and the least amount of suffering. Right now, I am on day eight without food or liquid (save the occasional popsicle and ice chips to combat the dryness in my mouth and throat). I am under at-home hospice care, am very dizzy and nauseated, though I am successfully battling pain with the help of medicine.

I want to make one thing very clear: I am not suicidal. The last thing I want to do is die. I have so much I want to live for. But, at this point, I am not only tired of fighting, I am out of options
Yesterday, I developed a fistula, which caused my intestine to burst and has started the process of killing me through infection and sepsis. As it unfortunately happened at the surface, right where my scar is, fluids are periodically seeping out of me onto my clothes and bed, requiring round-the-clock wound care. This would have happened even if I had continued with the TPN, which reconfirmed that I made the right decision. 

---

At this point, Debbie was too exhausted to continue dictating her thoughts.

Debbie spent the last week and a half of her life in her home, surrounded by family, friends, love, laughter, and tears. We rarely spoke of the elephant in the room. With her permission, we replaced her ice chips with flavored snowballs (a nostalgia-inducing Baltimore summer staple) made from a store-bought machine. The snowballs made her smile and turned that smile various shades of red and blue. I, along with a couple close girlfriends and the women in her family, gathered around her kitchen table and played one final, magical game of Mah Jongg, which Debbie won. We reminded her how loved she is, how special, how meaningful her life is, was, and always will be. We reminisced about happier times and held her hand. Dave indulged her with a bite of her universally-loved chocolate-chip banana bread the girls had made earlier that day, and she enjoyed every morsel.

Debbie's openness, which I once questioned, not only created a community, but inspired one. Her story is a reminder of how horribly unfair life can be, but also teaches us that such injustice can be faced with strength, grace, and courage. May her life and death rouse us all to be better, dream bigger, live fuller, laugh louder, fight harder, and not take one breath, one smile, one kiss, one rainbow, one birthday, one sunny day, or one friendship for granted. 

I miss you, Debbie Fink Green. You were, and always will be, my forever friend. 

---
Karen Bloch Morse is a screenwriter, whose work includes Center Stage: Turn it Up and Ice Castles. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, their three children, and one ginormous goldendoodle. 
Posted: 13 May 2015 03:03 PM PDT



Rats were even more likely to choose helping over getting a treat

 

Excerpt from cbc.ca

Calling someone a rat isn't a compliment about their character – but a new study suggests that maybe it should be.

Rats that see another rat struggling in a pool of water will open a door to rescue it, even if they could open a different door to get a chocolate treat instead.

Rats that knew what it was like to be wet and struggling in the pool were even quicker to help.
"Our findings suggest that rats can behave prosocially and that helper rats may be motivated by empathy-like feelings towards their distressed cage mate," Nobuya Sato, lead author of a study, said in a statement.

The study was published this week in the journal Animal Cognition.

Sato and his team at Kwansei Gakuin University in Japan designed experiments involving pairs of rat cage mates, either two males or two females.


'Helper rats may be motivated by empathy-like feelings,' suggests Nobuya Sato, a Kwansei Gakuin University in Japan research and lead author of a study released this week. (Andre Penner/Associated Press)


The two were placed in separate compartments separated by a transparent wall and door – one compartment that was dry and empty, and one filled with a deep pool of water and sheer walls that made it impossible to climb out. The door could be opened by the rat on the dry side, allowing the other rat to climb out of the pool.

Motivated by helping

Rats on the dry side of the cage were quick to open the door if they saw their cage mates struggling in the water, but not if the pool was empty or contained a stuffed toy rat. If no water was in either compartment, they also didn't open the door. That suggested that they were motivated by helping and not just opening the door for fun.

The researchers reversed the roles and found that rats were quicker to learn to open the door and rescue their cage mate if they had previously experienced a similar struggle in the pool.
"This modulation of learning by prior experience suggests that the helping behaviour observed in the present study might be based on empathy," they wrote.

In another experiment, rats in the dry compartment could choose between two different doors.

  • One that allowed them to rescue their cage mate from the pool.
  • Another that provided access to a chocolate cereal treat. 
More than half the time, rats chose to rescue the other rat first – especially if they were trained to open the door in a similar rescue scenario rather than being trained to open the door in order to access a food treat.

"These results suggest that for all rats, helping a distressed cage mate has a higher value than obtaining a food reward," the researchers wrote.

The results are similar to those in a previous experiment by different researchers, in which rats rescued other rats trapped in an acrylic tube. Still, there has some debate about whether this type of helping behaviour exists among animals other than primates such as monkeys and humans.
Posted: 13 May 2015 02:55 PM PDT
An artist's concept shows the moon view of the Pluto system.

Excerpt from cbc.ca



NASA's Pluto-bound spacecraft can now see the dwarf planet's two tiniest known moons — both less than 30 kilometres wide.
Kerberos (which is 10 to 30 kilometres wide) and Styx (which is seven to 21 kilometres) are seen circling Pluto, along with the slightly larger moons Hydra and Nix, in an animated series of "family photos" captured by the New Horizons spacecraft between April 25 and May 1, and released by NASA Tuesday.

Pluto and its four smallest moons can all be seen in this "family photo" captured by the New Horizons spacecraft on April 27.

space animated GIF

"New Horizons is now on the threshold of discovery," said mission science team member John Spencer, from the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colo., in a statement. "If the spacecraft observes any additional moons as we get closer to Pluto, they will be worlds that no one has seen before."

New Horizons is scheduled to make a close flyby of Pluto and its moons on July 14.



At the time the images were taken, the spacecraft was 89 million kilometres away. The glare from Pluto and its largest moon Charon, along with the light of background stars, were damped out using image processing.

Kerberos and Styx were discovered using the Hubble telescope in 2011 and 2012, respectively.
Posted: 13 May 2015 02:46 PM PDT




Excerpt from icelandreview.com

It is believed the remains of the much-searched-for Þykkvabær cloister may have been found. Icelandic and British archaeologists saw the remains of a very large building yesterday, using ultrasound techniques, at Álftaver in South Iceland.

The discovery came as a complete surprise, as it was not thought the remains of the cloister were in that area.

“I think we’ve just hit the jackpot, because I think we’ve discovered the remains of Þykkvabæjarklaustur. It came as a complete surprise, you can say that much. The remains are not on the site it was assumed the cloisters stood,” archaeology professor Steinunn Kristjánsdóttir told Stöð 2 television.

Þykkvabæjarklaustur, east of Mýrdalur, was a monastery of Augustine monks and its location has been lost to archaeologists until now. This week, ten Icelandic and British archaeologists have been searching for the remains with high tech instruments. The remains of an unusually big building were discovered under the ground yesterday, measuring around 40 x 45 meters.

“It is very big compared to the buildings of the time – as it is from the Middle Ages – and the footprint is around 1,500 square meters,” Steinunn says.

The cloister was in use from 1168 until 1550. Until recently it was assumed that Þykkvabæjarklaustur must have stood near the present-day Þykkvabæjarkirkja church, but searches revealed nothing; and this leads Steinunn to strongly believe yesterday’s find to be the lost cloisters. It is still possible, however, the remains are of a cow shed—but in that case it would be the cloister’s own cow shed and still therefore relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment


To Gregg,

Resultado de imagem para thank you roses images

For all these years of Friendship,
Guidance and Enlightment.

Ascension Earth 2012

Farewell from Ascension Earth!

I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you for visiting Ascension Earth over the past few years and making this site, what I consider, such a wonderful and very surprising success since my first post way back in January of 2011. I never dreamed this site would receive just shy of 10 million page views since then, and I want to thank you all again for stopping in from time to time for a visit. I hope you have found some of the content interesting as well as educational, and I want everyone to know that I only shared content I believed to be factual at the time of publication, though I may have reached differing understandingsconcerning some of the subject matter as time has past. All of the content that has been shared here at Ascension Earth was shared with the goal of provoking contemplation and conversation, leading to a raising of consciousness, an ascension of consciousness. That's what ascension is to me.

I have made a decision to move on from here, but I will always remember and always cherish the friendships I have made along this twisting journey since launching this site, what feels like a lifetime ago now. I wish all of you the greatest success in each and every endeavor you shall undertake, and I hope each of you are graced with peace, love & light every step of the way as you continue your never ending journey through this incredibly breathtaking and ever mysterious universe we share together.

Greg

Morgan Kochel says:

Conversation with
A Man Who Went to Mars
by Morgan Kochel

…And there you have it! This was the end of our discussion about the Mars mission, but I have remained in touch with Chad. At this point, I hope to be able to convince him to do a video or TV interview, but of course, there will be more than a few obstacles to overcome, the main one being that he may currently be in some danger if he goes public.

Furthermore, there is always the barrier of peoples' understandable skepticism.

As I said in the beginning, I cannot verify this story for anyone, nor is my intent to convince anyone of its veracity. My goal is only to help him get his story heard, because if this story IS true, the people of this planet are being lied to on a grand scale, and perhaps this will eventually help the UFO Disclosure Movement. It's time for the lies to be uncovered, and time for the truth -- whatever that may be -- to be known once and for all.

a man

esoteric



SUBTITLES IN ENGLISH, ESPAÑOL, PORTUGUÊS

Click upon the circle after the small square for captions

INVOCATIOJN

Here we are once again ...



Please Sign Disclosure Petition VI - the Citizen Hearing

Anyone from any nation will be able to sign this petition:



We will win by our persistance!

JAIL THE BANKERS

February 7, 2013 - 7:00pm EST

February 7, 2013 - 7:00pm EST
T O R O N T O